Accepting resumes until 6:00pm EST May 15, 2022
The Outreach Coordinator is an essential part of the Appalachian Wild team and is part of the front line, helping share the stories of our wildlife patients and the mission of the organization. This position requires an enthusiasm for story telling and a passion for wildlife and the environment. Supporting ongoing needs of the organization through cultivation of supporters and followers via social media and other platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Outreach Coordinator has a wide range of duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of Appalachian Wild social media platforms
- Monitoring and management of social media accounts, tracking analytics and trends
- Drive engagement on social media platforms
- Creation of content for social media platforms and other organizational usage
- Maintenance of a content library for social media usage and other communications and organizational usage
- Works closely with operational staff to capture and create content
- Works closely with development staff to promote fundraising initiatives, donor support, partner promotions, and overall mission and work of Appalachian Wild
- Contributes to written content shared via news, emails, electronic media, etc.
- Works closely with development staff to develop and follow a calendar of events specific to organizational needs
- Oversight of a team of volunteers assisting with social media and other outreach efforts
- Overall promotion and story telling of the work happening Appalachian Wild to encourage public awareness and education as it relates to wildlife and the environment
The ideal candidate:
- Must have at least 2 years experience in communications, journalism, media, or related; preferably for a non-profit
- Highly preferred experience with graphic design, website development, and video & audio editing
- Must have a strong knowledge base of social media platforms including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tik Tok and Twitter
- Must have excellent organization, time management, team management, and communication skills
- Possess a strong personal work ethic, positive attitude, superior public relations skills, have a high level of integrity, and is flexible and adaptable
- Possess strong computer proficiency, writing and editing skills, photography & videography experience
- Possess a willingness to work, grow and evolve in a team environment and possess the skills and ability to work independently
- Understanding of large fundraising initiatives and seasonal appeals is preferred
- Must have a solid understanding of and dedication to fulfilling Appalachian Wild’s mission
This is a part-time, entry-level, 20 hours per week, position receiving $11.00 per hour, paid bi-monthly. This position is required to be present in the Animal Care facility located in Candler, NC. A set weekly schedule will be established at time of hire with some flexibility on how the 20 hours is set up throughout the week. This position will occasionally require weekend, evening and holiday coverage.
Submit resume with letter of intent and three references with contact information via email to Savannah Trantham, Executive Director at email@example.com. Include ‘Outreach Coordinator’ in the subject line.